I have been on a mission to save some money on our grocery bill this year. As you know with kids, the grocery bill adds up and is one of the biggest household expenses. When your family is as big as mine, or if you have older kids (especially boys), your grocery expense goes up way more. That’s why I am going to share with you one of the most effective ways I save money on my grocery bill. I wish I could share saving tips that are relevant for readers all over the world, but sadly this is only relevant for those living in the U.S.
Drum roll please. My favorite way to save money on our grocery bill is by downloading one simple app onto my smartphone! You may have heard about it and already use it – so kudos to you for saving money. But to those of you who haven’t heard of it, I urge you to try it and see how you much you can earn. Please note that as a busy mom, I dislike partaking of waste-of-time or gimmicky deals, so I would never promote something that wasn’t worth it. The best part is that you get actual cash in hand.
The app I use is called Ibotta, and the awesome thing is that there are no coupons to clip! Honestly, that was one of the first reasons I was drawn to it. There was a time many years ago, when I used to clip coupons, and though I saved some money, I could not keep up with the time factor and the organization aspect. The nice thing about Ibotta is that it’s a breeze to use and easy to earn cash. I’m going to use my earnings to add to my children’s college fund inshAllah. Read further on how it works.
- Sign Up Here from your Android or IOS smartphone (preferably not computer) and you’ll receive $10 welcome cash to start!
- Download the Ibotta app onto your smartphone
- Browse the grocery items according to category to see if there are any items you usually buy or would like to try
- Unlock a deal by clicking it
- Purchase the product at your favorite grocery store on the list
- At home scan your receipt’s QR code or take a picture of your receipt
- Then scan the barcode of the item you’ve purchased
- Your cash will be added to your account within 24 hours or less
- You are able to withdraw your cash to your PayPal account
- Each Wednesday new deals are added or some of the same deals are refreshed
- You can scan receipts less than a week old – so you may already have some cash back due
- The cash back is not only limited to groceries
I’ve already made over a $100 since February from buying items I usually get anyway, maybe changing a brand here and there. It feels great knowing I’m not paying full price whenever I can avoid it. I used to dread grocery shopping, but now I have some incentive to make it less boring.
I have progressed over the past month and a half and save even more using the app and printing coupons to match the Ibotta deals. But if you are new to this it may get overwhelming, so I will share more on my saving habits over time InshAllah.
When you sign up using my link, besides getting $10 to start, you will also join me as a teammate to earn monthly bonus cash. You will see my progress and I may even send you a nudge to say hi 😉!
(*This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here)
Latest posts by Zakkiya (see all)
- Being Kind to Yourself as a Mom - 29 March, 2017
- Saving Money on Groceries Using an App - 14 March, 2017
- 3 Ways to be a Better Spouse - 15 February, 2017
- 5 Steps to Improve your Relationship with your Teenager - 7 February, 2017